[Date Prev][Date Next]
Support for swedish characters
- To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Support for swedish characters
- From: Mikael Grehn <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 12:04:28 +0100
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.4) Gecko/20030624 Netscape/7.1 (ax)
I discovered that openLdap 2.1.22 refuses to perform operations on
entries with DN containg swedish characters åäöÅÄÖé,è,È,É. This probably
goes for all attributetypes and values aswell. It is absolutely
necessary to be able to use swedish characters in our LDAP support.
I checked the list archives and some questions concerning this matter
could be found, but no configuration-wise answers...only recommendations
to use perl-skript on ldif files to convert foreign characters to UTF8
BEFORE using openldap.
This is not possible for our support.
Can openLdap 2.1.22 be configured to accept additional characters?
If not, is it safe to remove the controlfunctions in UTF8.c or getDn.c
cl = LDAP_UTF8_CHARLEN2( p, cl ); // (p is char to control, cl is
previous result value)
to force openldap to accept these characers?
( It is probably needed to do additional changes!)
Greatful for any help and/or hints!
Envilogg Datateknik AB