Re:Re: Support for swedish characters

Hello again,

Michael Ströder wrote:
>Mikael Grehn wrote:

>Hello,
>I discovered that openLdap 2.1.22 refuses to perform operations on entries with DN containg swedish characters åäöÅÄÖé,è,È,É.

>I can't confirm that. At least with web2ldap accessing OpenLDAP 2.1.23+ it works smoothly. Maybe a client error?

As Michael (and others) have pointed out, openLdap2.1.22 converts swedish characters correctly. It seems that my Netscape LDAP API 4.0 sends the wrong characters. I have tested with another old Client (swix from Umeå University, Sweden) and that one also send åäö with the wrong encoding.

Java LDAP Browserv2.8.2 and Softerra LDAP Browser 2.5 send these in the correct way and everything works properly.

Hallvard, Howard, Jon and Michael: Thank you all for the help!

Sincerely
Mikael