Re: Support for swedish characters

Mikael Grehn wrote:
I discovered that openLdap 2.1.22 refuses to perform operations on entries with DN containg swedish characters åäöÅÄÖé,è,È,É. This probably goes for all attributetypes and values aswell. It is absolutely necessary to be able to use swedish characters in our LDAP support.

Not so for other attributes. See:

http://www.mentata.com/ds/retrieve/gospel/svchapter/GCMatt18

The chapter is assembled from the values for the description attribute of several verse entries. The attribute can be searched as easily. Such operations should work for any utf-8 syntax attribute. Perhaps you are using an attribute in your RDN that is not defined to use utf-8. As others said, it may also be that you're using a different encoding for your data.

Hope it helps.

Jon Roberts
www.mentata.com