Re: adding mail aliases to ldap problems

>Hi Adam... I'm planning on using sendmail.  I noted
>that there is a sendmail.schema that comes with
>sendmail... I've tried including it, but I do get
>an error when loading this schema at slapd startup...
>line 137, Attribute Type inappropriate matching rule:
>"caseIgnoreMatch" ... but from what you say, you are

I haven't tried using the LDAP schemas that now come with sendmail
8.12.x yet.  Back in the day sendmail didn't come with schemas.  But the
schemas are documented pretty well in the new documentation.

>using the nisMailAliases from nis.schema with sendmail,

Yes.

>so perhaps better to go down that route..  I still can't get an aliases
>entry into ldap and I can't see anything I'm doing wrong.

If you dump the subschema do you see the nis schema entries?

>I'm wondering if there is a problem with the slapd I've
>built at this point almost... accept I've been able to
>get my passwd, groups, services and most other stuff
>I want to initially start out with anyway.  Any chance
>you could show me an ldif with an alias that imports
>ok into openldap for you?  Also, does the nisMailAliases
>need to be in any special place in the ordering of loading
>the schema?

No, just include nis.schema.  Are you still trying to include it in a
separate file?

>I've just checked over everthing for a 3rd time, from the
>base up and I can't see anything wrong... looking at aliases,
>it is nearly exactly the same as adding a group, however,
>when I now just have the nis schema only specified in slapd,
>and I try and add a simple aliases.ldif, it says invalid DN syntax,
>additinal info:invalid DN.

dn: cn=cisstaff,ou=ListAliases,ou=MailAliases,o=Morrison Industries,
c=US
cn: cisstaff
objectClass: nisMailAlias
objectClass: top
rfc822MailMember: adam
rfc822MailMember: steve
rfc822MailMember: mcarmody

>Thanks again for your help, I'm frustrated that I can't
>figure this out, I'm usually pretty good at getting
>things done myself.

I know the feeling.

This message undoubtedly processed by the purely benevolent "US
Department of Homeland Security",  but don't worry... they're
only goal is to protect life, liberty and the pursuit of property.