adding mail aliases to ldap problems

Hi,

At the risk of getting a bollocking for being stupid,
I have to post this as I just can not figure out what
I am doing wrong.  I am trying to add my aliases to
ldap.  I have added passwd and group and host etc ok,
but I can't get this to add.  I have

openldap-2.1.5

I am using MigrationTools-44

I have added obtained and saved the
rfc822-MailMember.schema and in is in my slapd.conf

witness all of these here:

slapd.conf

include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/samba.schema
include         /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/rfc822-MailMember.schema

rfc822-MailMember.schema contains:

attributetype
   ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.42.2.27.2.1.15
      NAME 'rfc822MailMember'
      DESC 'rfc822 mail address of group member(s)'
      EQUALITY caseIgnoreIA5Match
      SYNTAX 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.26
   )
objectclass ( 1.3.6.1.4.1.42.2.27.1.2.5
        NAME 'nisMailAlias'
        SUP top STRUCTURAL
        DESC 'NIS mail alias'
        MUST cn
        MAY rfc822MailMember )

and a small portion of my aliases.ldif

dn: cn=mailer-daemon,ou=Aliases,dc=emtex,dc=com cn: mailer-daemon objectClass: nisMailAlias objectClass: top rfc822MailMember: postmaster

dn: cn=postmaster,ou=Aliases,dc=emtex,dc=com
cn: postmaster
objectClass: nisMailAlias
objectClass: top
rfc822MailMember: root

dn: cn=jogdial,ou=Aliases,dc=emtex,dc=com
cn: jogdial
objectClass: nisMailAlias
objectClass: top
rfc822MailMember: root

and the error message that never fails when doing an ldapadd:

ldapadd -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=emtex,dc=com"  -W -f aliases.ldif
Enter LDAP Password:
adding new entry "cn=mailer-daemon,ou=Aliases,dc=emtex,dc=com"
ldapadd: update failed: cn=mailer-daemon,ou=Aliases,dc=emtex,dc=com
ldap_add: Undefined attribute type (17)
        additional info: rfc822MailMember: attribute type undefined

I have started openldap -d -1

and witnessed it loading the included rfc822MailMember.schema, no errors reported, but I can't get beyond this and I've been flailing at it since
yesterday afternoon and it's the last bit of info I need to get into ldap before I can actually start to use it? could someone please tell
me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Bill Dossett