Re: slapd.replog not being written to

I found the source of the problem but don't understand it exactly.  When
I commented out the ACLs I had in my master slapd.conf, the replog file
is written to.  Here's what they look like:

defaultaccess read
access to
    by self write
    by dn="cn=root,dc=real-time,dc=com" write
    by dn=".*, dc=real-time, dc=com" search
#    by domain=.*\.real-time\.com read
    by * compare

If I comment out all but defaultaccess read, the replog file is written

What would I need to change so that the replog file is written to?
I thought it would be using the binddn listed for the replica.

Amy Tanner                                      Voice: 612.943.8700
Real Time Enterprises, Inc.	                  Fax: 612.943.8500
amy@real-time.com		    	   http://www.real-time.com
PGP fingerprint =  67 6C 8F DB B1 7A 8D 41  DC 7B CA 0B 28 1E 67 AD