LDAP v3 and other features

I know that a similar question has been asked many times, but as
our development effort may depend on the answer, I'll try again.

Can anybody familiar with the OpenLDAP development give me some hints
when certain parts of v3 support are going to be available? I am
especially interested in controls and extended operation support.
If we don't have this feature we may have to implement some additional
intelligence in the client software and our intention is really to
keep the clients as thin as possible. My understanding is that what
today is called OpenLDAP-2.0 will eventually implement all v3 features.
What is the likelyhood to get certain features earlier?

Thanks a lot,
			Yuri Rabover
			3Cube, Inc.