Re: slapd.replog not being written to

On Wed, Sep 08, 1999 at 10:58:06AM -0700, Kurt D. Zeilenga (Kurt@OpenLDAP.Org) wrote:
> At 05:20 PM 9/7/99 -0500, Amy Tebbe wrote:
> >In my first attempt at setting up replication (1 master, 1 slave), I
> >have been stumped early.  The replogfile (/var/ldap/slapd.replog)
> >is never written to after doing a modify on the master.  I
> >tried putting the log files in different places, in case it was
> >a permissions problem (/var/tmp /var/log) but no change.
>
> I suggest talking a look at tests/data/slapd-repl-{master,slave}.conf
> slapd.conf(5) files as an example.

Where can I find these examples?  I reviewed the man pages for
slapd.conf.

> >I do have the replica listed in the master slapd.conf, but according
> >to the slapd/slurpd admin guide, I don't think that is needed just
> >to write to the replogfile.
>
> The replication log is written whenever the replogfile directive
> is set.  An error message is generated if the file cannot be appended
> to.  If you have a typo in the directive itself, you should see
> some sort of config error (stating that the directive was ignored).
>
> >Note: I did the modify on the master directly to eliminate the problem
> >being referral or other communication between master & slave.
>
> I suggest removing any default referral on the master for now.

I do not have a default referral on the master.   Here's a copy of
my slapd.conf files:

master slapd.conf
include         /etc/openldap/slapd.at.conf
include         /etc/openldap/slapd.oc.conf
schemacheck     off
#referral       ldap://ldap.itd.umich.edu

pidfile         /var/run/slapd.pid
argsfile        /var/run/slapd.args

defaultaccess read
access to
attr=sn,title,homephone,mobile,fax,pager,telephonenumber,postaladdress,o,userpassword
    by self write
    by dn="cn=root,dc=real-time,dc=com" write
    by dn=".*, dc=real-time, dc=com" search
#    by domain=.*\.real-time\.com read
    by * compare

database        ldbm
suffix          "dc=real-time,dc=com"
#suffix         "dc=churchillnet.com"
directory       /var/ldap
rootdn          "cn=root,dc=real-time,dc=com"
rootpw          secret

replogfile      /var/log/slapd.replog
replica         host=ninja.castle.real-time.com
                binddn="cn=root,dc=real-time,dc=com"
                bindmethod=simple
		credentials=secret

slave slapd.conf
include         /etc/openldap/slapd.at.conf
include         /etc/openldap/slapd.oc.conf
schemacheck     off
referral        ldap://king.castle.real-time.com

pidfile         /var/run/slapd.pid
argsfile        /var/run/slapd.args

defaultaccess read
access to
attr=sn,title,homephone,mobile,fax,pager,telephonenumber,postaladdress,o,userpassword
    by self write
    by dn="cn=root,dc=real-time,dc=com" write
    by dn=".*, dc=real-time, dc=com" search
#    by domain=.*\.real-time\.com read
    by * compare

database        ldbm
suffix          "dc=real-time,dc=com"
directory       /var/ldap
rootdn          "cn=root,dc=real-time,dc=com"
rootpw          secret

updatedn        "cn=root,dc=real-time,dc=com"

--
Amy Tanner                                      Voice: 612.943.8700
Real Time Enterprises, Inc.	                  Fax: 612.943.8500