slapd.replog not being written to

In my first attempt at setting up replication (1 master, 1 slave), I
have been stumped early.  The replogfile (/var/ldap/slapd.replog)
is never written to after doing a modify on the master.  I
tried putting the log files in different places, in case it was
a permissions problem (/var/tmp /var/log) but no change.

I do have the replica listed in the master slapd.conf, but according
to the slapd/slurpd admin guide, I don't think that is needed just
to write to the replogfile.

Note: I did the modify on the master directly to eliminate the problem
being referral or other communication between master & slave.

What could be causing this?

--
Amy Tanner                                      Voice: 612.943.8700
Real Time Enterprises, Inc.	                  Fax: 612.943.8500