Re: New release policy for OpenLDAP

--On Wednesday, January 29, 2020 10:09 PM +0100 Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:

On 1/29/20 7:49 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Wednesday, January 29, 2020 6:52 PM +0100 Michael Ströder
<michael@stroeder.com> wrote:

On 1/28/20 7:45 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
Also, I really really really would like 2.4.49 to be the end of 2.4,
outside the possibility of some critical CVEs.
But that's just your personal goal which is leaving systems in
production unpatched until you feel you're done. IMO that's totally
wrong.

No, it's the project goal to switch the focus to getting OpenLDAP 2.5
released.  At some point, work on 2.4 needs to stop.  Unless you'd like
to see 2.5 dragged out another decade?

Is it realistic to enforce that 2.4.49 will be the final 2.4.x release
before we saw at least one 2.5.x release? Sounds really strange to me.

I never said it would absolutely be the last release. I said I would really really really like it to be the last release. Please pay attention to what is actually written. If there becomes enough reason to create another 2.4.x release, then clearly one will have to be made. We did this with 2.3 as well.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Product Architect