Re: New release policy for OpenLDAP

--On Tuesday, January 28, 2020 10:08 AM +0100 Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:

On 1/27/20 11:17 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Monday, January 27, 2020 10:45 PM +0100 Michael Ströder
<michael@stroeder.com> wrote:

On 1/27/20 10:19 PM, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
To me, frequent releases
generally indicate an immature, unstable, and buggy product. ;)

Are you sarcastic here?

No, not at all.  [..] If we release every 2 weeks, but slapd core
dumps 90% of the time, is that really better?  Sure, the project
looks more "active", but I wouldn't see that as a benefit/gain.
ITS#9124 is known since almost two months now and there's no upstream
release with a fix. (And remember that I've tested RE24 branch revealing
that the first fix was seg faulting.)

You're switching topics. If you want to have a conversation, please stay on topic. Otherwise it's just a waste of time. The upcoming changes to the entire OpenLDAP project infrastructure have already been discussed, including CI, etc.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Product Architect