Re: [ldapext] VLV: a particular target entry

> If cookies were mandatory to implement, always provided by
> the servers, always returned by the client, and the
> specification stated that the server must ensure continuity
> between scroll up/down events, the cookie mechanism might
> work.

Cookies are optional because they're a performance optimization
required only by a subset of implementations.

I'm not clear what you're asking for by 'continuity'.
Are you concerned about missing entries from the list in the general
case, or where the list is modified concurrently with the scrolling ?

> However, even with this, VLV still wouldn't provide a
> precise mechanism to select a particular target entry.

Correct. Isn't this orthogonal ? Can we seprate the two issues ?