creatorsName/modifiersName referential integrity

RFC 2252, 5.1 Defines some standard operational attributes.  Among them are creatorsName and modifiersName, both syntax DN.  If the object listed as a creator or modifier is deleted, what should happen to the creatorsName and modifiersName attributes that refer to it?

My best guess is that the creatorsName and modifiersName attributes should be removed, leaving the object without those standard operational attributes.

Thoughts?

--the walrus
a.k.a. Brian Jarvis
bjarvis@novell.com

RFC 2252, 5.1 Defines some standard operational attributes.  Among them are creatorsName and modifiersName, both syntax DN.  If the object listed as a creator or modifier is deleted, what should happen to the creatorsName and modifiersName attributes that refer to it?

My best guess is that the creatorsName and modifiersName attributes should be removed, leaving the object without those standard operational attributes.

Thoughts?

--the walrus
a.k.a. Brian Jarvis
bjarvis@novell.com

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
X-GWTYPE:USER
FN:Brian Jarvis
TEL;WORK:801-861-3856
ORG:;NDS Administration
TEL;PREF;FAX:801-861-2292
EMAIL;WORK;PREF;NGW:BJARVIS@novell.com
N:Jarvis;Brian
TITLE:Engineer
ADR;INTL;WORK;PARCEL;POSTAL:;PRV-F221;122 E 1700 S;Provo;UT;84606;USA
LABEL;INTL;WORK;PARCEL;POSTAL;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Brian Jarvis=0A=
PRV-F221=0A=
122 E 1700 S=0A=
Provo, UT  84606=0A=
USA
LABEL;DOM;WORK;PARCEL;POSTAL;ENCODING=QUOTED-PRINTABLE:Brian Jarvis=0A=
PRV-F221=0A=
122 E 1700 S=0A=
Provo, UT  84606
TEL;HOME:801-226-6636