Re: creatorsName/modifiersName referential integrity

Hi Brian,

My perspective is that the operational attributes should remain even if the
DN that they point to is no longer in the DIT.  When used in concert with
the features of RFC 2649 there is no confusion as to what has happened to
the original creator or last modifier of the object.

Bruce

At 09:26 AM 11/4/99 -0700, Brian Jarvis wrote:
>RFC 2252, 5.1 Defines some standard operational attributes.  Among them
are creatorsName and modifiersName, both syntax DN.  If the object listed
as a creator or modifier is deleted, what should happen to the creatorsName
and modifiersName attributes that refer to it?

>My best guess is that the creatorsName and modifiersName attributes should
be removed, leaving the object without those standard operational attributes.

>Thoughts?
>
>--the walrus
>a.k.a. Brian Jarvis
>bjarvis@novell.com
>

>Attachment Converted: "C:\eudora\Attach\TEXT11.htm"
>
>Attachment Converted: "C:\eudora\Attach\Brian Jarvis6.vcf"

Bruce Greenblatt, Ph. D.
Directory Tools and Application Services, Inc.
http://www.directory-applications.com