Re: draft-ietf-ldapbis-bcp64-01 comments

At 10:00 AM 12/8/2003, Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
>Kurt D. Zeilenga writes:
>>At 01:28 PM 12/7/2003, Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
>>> Section 3.2 (Protocol Mechanisms) refers to supportedFeatures in the
>>> [Features] document.  What is that?  There is no [Features] in the
>>> References sections.
>>
>> supportedFeatures [Features] is a LDAP feature discovery mechanism
>> recently approved by the IESG for publication as a Proposed Standard.
>>   [Features] Zeilenga, K., "Feature Discovery in LDAP",
>>     draft-zeilenga-ldap-features-xx.txt, a work in progress
>
>Sounds like it should be included in [Roadmap] or included in [Models]
>and the registration moved to the bcp64 document, then.  I think this is
>currently the only document which the LDAP TS depends on which is purely
>LDAP, yet is not part of the LDAP TS.  That doesn't seem very useful.

While this update of BCP 64 will be progressed at the same
time as the revised LDAP TS, the scope of the update is not
limited by the revised LDAP TS (just as the scope of the
current BCP 64 was not limited to current LDAP TS [RFC3377).
Note that it is [ldapbis-bcp64] which depends on [Features],
not the LDAP TS [Roadmap].

Hence, I believe that [ldapbis-bcp64] discussion of
'supportedFeatures' [Features] is not a sufficient reason
to roll [Features] into the LDAP TS [Roadmap].

Kurt