Re: Initial "strawman" I-Ds revising LDAPv3

I believe we should ensure that our charter and goals are acceptable to
the IESG before we give guidelines to document editors to start writing
documents.  The Instant Messaging Group, for example, was directed by the
IESG to structure their work differently than they had requested.  I want
to ensure that our plans will be acceptable to the IETF before we start
spending a lot of time editing and reviewing technical specifications.

Personally I am happy with guidance (a) and (b) but have concerns about
guidance statement (c)
>  c) cut or absorb dependent LDAP/X.500 technical
>   specifications which described in "core" documents

It is not clear to me what you mean by that.

Mark Wahl
Sun Microsystems Inc.