Re: Initial "strawman" I-Ds revising LDAPv3

I note your concern in regarding in issuing guidance prior
to IESG approval.  I will respond to this concern separately.

Let me first clarify (c):

At 05:27 PM 10/25/00 -0500, Mark Wahl wrote:
>Personally I am happy with guidance (a) and (b) but have concerns about
>guidance statement (c)
>>  c) cut or absorb dependent LDAP/X.500 technical
>>   specifications which described in "core" documents
>
>It is not clear to me what you mean by that.

The "core" specification makes numerous references to LDAP/X.500
RFCs which are outside of the core set.  For example, RFC 2252
references RFC 1738.  This reference cannot be maintained going
forward.  It must be "cut" (the material in RFC 2252 depending
on RFC 1738 removed) or "absorbed" (the material in RFC 1738 which
RFC 2252 depends upon incorporated).

Does this clarification resolve your concerns with (c)?

If not, I will strike this from the proposed initial guidance.