Re: Initial "strawman" I-Ds revising LDAPv3

At 05:27 PM 10/25/00 -0500, Mark Wahl wrote:
>I believe we should ensure that our charter and goals are acceptable to
>the IESG before we give guidelines to document editors to start writing
>documents.  The Instant Messaging Group, for example, was directed by the
>IESG to structure their work differently than they had requested.  I want
>to ensure that our plans will be acceptable to the IETF before we start
>spending a lot of time editing and reviewing technical specifications.

I believe it quite unlikely that the IESG will change
our proposed charter significantly enough to invalidate our
initial work.  Waiting wastes time and resources.

We have resources available to help fulfill the November
milestone we set at IETF#48.  I want to do everything we
can to encourage those who do have time available to do
the initial work under some minimal, but narrow, guidance.

Given that the cut-off is only a few weeks away, I'm not
expecting any miracles.  But, I believe that it quite feasible
for us to produce some additional "strawman" I-Ds.

Kurt