RE: Issue importing CGP schema into LDAP (centos 7)

--On Wednesday, May 03, 2017 12:17 PM -0400 John Cooter <jcooter@atlantech.net> wrote:

That was my understanding, that I only needed to include the schema I was
trying to convert. The "test.conf" file ONLY had the schema for
conversion included. And since "organization" does come from the base
schema, I'm wondering WHY I'm getting this error on conversion. I have
included the problematic object definition earlier in this thread, and I
really don't see why I'm failing. I can post the entire schema I'm trying
to convert if that would help. I'm really quite stumped. This should be a
simple conversion, but why I'm failing when attempting to attach to an
existing objectClass is beyond my understanding.

The test.conf that you are converting has *zero* knowledge of what you have loaded into cn=config.

Generally what one does is, define a test.conf that includes all the necessary schema to convert the additional schema you are converting, and then you do something like:

mkdir -p /tmp/test-config

slaptest -F /tmp/test-config -f test.conf

Then you can use the converted schema that is written into /tmp/test-config.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>