Re: 2.2.23 vs 2.3.1alpha speed compairisons

On Fri, 2005-02-25 at 13:10, Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> On Feb 25, 2005, at 15:21, Samuel Tran wrote:
> > After re-installing OL 2.2.23 with BDB 4.2.52 (+ patches) and fine
> > tuning my config I was able to reach more than 1,000 queries/sec. on a
> > single server (one client querying).
>
> Hi Sam,
>
> For the benefit of everyone, would you mind sharing the changes and
> cache settings you arrived at after your "fine tuning", and maybe
> mention which settings helped the most?
>
> jens

Hi Jens,

I cannot tell exactly how much impact a setting had since I made several changes before performing my new stress load tests.

I would say that the following items improve the performance:

- BDB 4.2.52 with the transaction patch from Quanah (http://www.stanford.edu/services/directory/openldap/configuration/openldap-build-42.html)
(of course don't forget to configure DB_CONFIG. Check the following link:http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/1072.html)

- idlcachesize in slapd.conf
I didn't have that parameter set before. For 4,000 entries I set it to 2,000. It is still a lot but I have enough memory.

Hope this helps.

Sam