RE: 2.2.23 vs 2.3.1alpha speed compairisons

--On Monday, February 21, 2005 6:39 PM -0500 Samuel Tran <stran@amnh.org> wrote:

Here a extract of my slapd.conf:

cachesize 100000 checkpoint 512 720

If you have 4,000 entries, why would you try and cache 100,000? You're never going to fill that. I also don't see any idlcachesize setting here.

index   objectClass,uid,uidNumber,gidNumber,memberUid eq
index   cn,mail,surname,givenname eq,subinitial

The indexing necessary depends entirely on the searches you are performing. I would check that your logs to see if you are getting any index_param failed messages, which would mean inadequate indexing for the requested search.

Here is the content of my DB_CONFIG:

set_cachesize   0       52428800        0
set_lg_regionmax        1048576
set_lg_max              10485760
set_lg_bsize            2097152
set_lg_dir              /var/log/openldap_bdb
set_tmp_dir             /tmp

We are starting with less than 4,000 entries in our LDAP directory.

I would assume that is fine for now, but that's just an assumption. ;)

Also, is the 350 queries/second from a single process doing the query, or multiple processes? A single process querying will never give you the full results of the servers performance.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Product Engineer