RE: 2.2.23 vs 2.3.1alpha speed compairisons

On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 18:27, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Monday, February 21, 2005 5:50 PM -0500 Samuel Tran <stran@amnh.org>
> wrote:
>

> > Okay.
> >
> > I guess I'll go back to BDB 4.2.52.
> >
> > I am readying my new LDAP cluster for production. I was using BDB 4.2.52
> > but upgraded to 4.3.27 when it was out.
> >
> > I am using OL 2.2.23 + BDB 4.3.27 on Linux Debian Woody. The LDAP slaves
> > are 2 HP DL360 with 2 1.4Ghz Xeon CPUs and 2 Gb of RAM. The clustering
> > software is Keepalived 1.1.10.
> >
> > I've been able to achieve about 350 LDAP queries/sec on a single slave
> > with loglevel 256.
> >
> > Is the kind of result I should get with such a setup?
>
> I would say no.
>
> See:
>
> <http://www.symas.com/10k-solvlinux.shtml>
>
> with a reference to the machine types at
>
> <http://www.symas.com/benchmark.shtml>
>
> I would verify that your slapd.conf is properly tuned with cachesize,
> idlcachesize, and the appropriate indices.  I would also verify that your
> DB_CONFIG file is well tuned.

Here a extract of my slapd.conf:

cachesize       100000
checkpoint      512     720

index   objectClass,uid,uidNumber,gidNumber,memberUid eq
index   cn,mail,surname,givenname eq,subinitial

Here is the content of my DB_CONFIG:

set_cachesize   0       52428800        0
set_lg_regionmax        1048576
set_lg_max              10485760
set_lg_bsize            2097152
set_lg_dir              /var/log/openldap_bdb
set_tmp_dir             /tmp

We are starting with less than 4,000 entries in our LDAP directory.

Sam