Re: back-bdb deadlocks?

David Boreham wrote:

No, you can't by default; that's what the attachment in my previous email is for. I posted a patch to BerkeleyDB and a patch to back-bdb, you must have missed the BerkeleyDB patch in the attached dif.txt...

Ah, I hadn't realized you were re-designing DB ;)

I would never be so ambitious. But as you can see, it's only 4 lines of changes. The desired functionality is already present in BDB, there's just no convenient user-level access to it. My patch provides that API access. I've also submitted the patch to Sleepycat (bug#10619) so hopefully it or something similar will be available in the near future.

The back-bdb code explicitly releases all the page locks (lock_vec(), DB_LOCK_PUT_ALL) so there's no problem here.

That's interesting.

The implementation is not the slickest in the world, but it works as intended.
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. Director, Highland Sun
http://www.symas.com http://highlandsun.com/hyc