Re: back-bdb deadlocks?

Howard Chu wrote:

I've checked in a fix for this. Creating a new transaction for every search operation would add a fair amount of overhead, so I've allocated long-lived per-thread transactions instead (similar to the way locker IDs are being re-used). We can't just replace the existing lockerID mechanism with these transactions, because the intended lifetimes of their locks are not the same. Anyway, I think this should finally resolve the deadlock issues.

There's a downside to this approach - keeping a long-lived transaction around means the initial BDB log file always has references to it, so no log files may be archived/removed, regardless of checkpointing. What a pain.
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. Director, Highland Sun
http://www.symas.com http://highlandsun.com/hyc