Re: Question about OID / feedback on schema

Hi,

On 2019. 04. 06. 21:19, Harry Jede wrote:
> Am 05.04.19 um 16:36 schrieb Michael Ströder:
>> You need to register an IANA enterprise ID to obtain your own OID space.
>>
>> AFAIK there is no OID space reserved for private use.
>
> Both statements are true.
>
> But Mikael Bak says that he wont register his organization.  OK, if
> someting goes wrong with the registered oid space, your company may get
> reputation problems. That is what people told often to me.

I actually said that I would like to avoid it, if possible. I forsee a
lot of paper work here to get this done properly.

> The solution is register an oid for a private person aka Mikael Bak. If
> all is Ok and everyone feels good transfer the registerd oid to your
> company or register a new oid and modify your schema to match the new oid.

Since there seems to be no concept of private OID space, then I will
start the procedure to register the Hungarian National Library with IANA
to obtain OID number.

Thank you all!
Mikael