Re: Question about OID / feedback on schema

On 2019/04/08 09:06, Mikael Bak wrote:
Since there seems to be no concept of private OID space, then I will
start the procedure to register the Hungarian National Library with IANA
to obtain OID number.

I once went through the process and it seemed very simple. But it lapsed as it was premature (I have many hare-brained ideas, this had some merit, but I could not sustain it).

I suspect the OID was allocated and will not be released to any other organisation, which makes sense. But I was informed that my organisation was no longer entitled to use it, at least officially.

OIDs, specially for small groups, really need much better support, they are a powerful tool, but if it drops on your toes...

Lucio.