Re: Replication delay

--On Monday, March 25, 2019 9:34 AM +0100 "Ángel L. Mateo" <amateo@um.es> wrote:

* I have a farm with syncrepl running for years without any problem. This
farm is running 2.4.43. Servers of this farm are named canis3x
* I have a new farm with servers named canis41 and canis42 (with 2.4.47),
where:
** canis41 is syncrepl with canis39 (to keep both farms synchronized)
** canis41 and canis42 has delta-syncrepl between them (my idea is to
switch off canis3x farm and then left just this delta-syncrepl)

	The problem I'm having is with syncrepl between canis39 and canis41.

None of your configurations set a keepalive. If you have any sort of load balancer/switch in between, they will often cut idle connections, and replication will stop until slapd is restarted.

I recommend always defining a keepalive interval in the syncrepl stanza to avoid these types of issues.

keepalive=240:10:30

usually works well, unless the device is configured to close idle connections at less than a 5 minute interval.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>