Re: Replication delay

--On Thursday, March 21, 2019 9:22 AM +0100 "Ángel L. Mateo" <amateo@um.es> wrote:

	I've been running MMR (not delta) for years too without problems too.

	Now the server with problems works without problems for days, but then
it start delaying syncs.

	The problem I have is that I don't know how to debug it.

	Is there any documentation about how to debug it? about the sync logs
messages?

I think one of the key differences to understand between syncrepl and delta-syncrepl is that syncrepl will simply overwrite entries that have discrepencies while delta-syncrepl will go into REFRESH mode. Since you started out with an OpenLDAP version that has numerous replication bugs, it may be your masters are not in accordance with one another, and the "delays" you are seeing are actually systems going into refresh.

The first thing you should look at is if there are any instances of REFRESH in your logs, something along the lines of:

do_syncrep2: rid=001 delta-sync lost sync, switching to REFRESH

If you see that, the issue isn't delayed replication, the issue is that your databases are out of sync.

If you don't see instances of REFRESH mode being triggered in your log, we can discuss further what the logs indicate and other things that may need looking at.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>