Re: Olc deployment vs slapd.conf based deployment

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Friday, September 15, 2017 12:24 PM -0700 Ryan Tandy
<ryan@nardis.ca> wrote:
There was some talk, either in IRC or on -devel, of creating a way
for cn=config to reference schema files (possibly LDIF) on disk
rather than importing them into the config database. I think that
would be an improvement. Importing schemas into cn=config is cool -
especially if you want to replicate the config - but I'm not sure
it's a good default.

Since ordering is mandatory, it would be nice if you could just do
something like:

olcSchemaFile: {0}include: file://$ABS_SCHEMADIR/core.ldif
olcSchemaFile: {1}include: file://$ABS_SCHEMADIR/cosine.ldif
olcSchemaFile: {2}include: file://$ABS_SCHEMADIR/inetorgperson.ldif

etc.  Then you could change the schema files on disk, and cn=config
would just load them in when it started.  It'd certainly make the
behavior analagous to slapd.conf, and allow for easier
rollback/testing.

This would be at least one step to solve the operational dead-ends.

Ciao, Michael.