Re: Olc deployment vs slapd.conf based deployment

--On Friday, September 15, 2017 12:24 PM -0700 Ryan Tandy <ryan@nardis.ca> wrote:

There was some talk, either in IRC or on -devel, of creating a way for
cn=config to reference schema files (possibly LDIF) on disk rather than
importing them into the config database. I think that would be an
improvement. Importing schemas into cn=config is cool - especially if you
want to replicate the config - but I'm not sure it's a good default.

Since ordering is mandatory, it would be nice if you could just do something like:

olcSchemaFile: {0}include: file://$ABS_SCHEMADIR/core.ldif
olcSchemaFile: {1}include: file://$ABS_SCHEMADIR/cosine.ldif
olcSchemaFile: {2}include: file://$ABS_SCHEMADIR/inetorgperson.ldif

etc. Then you could change the schema files on disk, and cn=config would just load them in when it started. It'd certainly make the behavior analagous to slapd.conf, and allow for easier rollback/testing.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>