Re: Olc deployment vs slapd.conf based deployment

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
It takes all of ldapadd/modify to modify cn=config.  If you're
having that much difficulty, it sounds like you don't understand
how to use cn=config.

I'm also having this difficulties with cn=config.

And the upgrade issue with 'pwdMaxRecordedFailure' (see other mail thread) serves as good example how easy it is to run into a operational dead-end with cn=config. There's no easy way to fix this afterwards without violating what's considered best practice for maintaining cn=config. I could give several other examples for this kind of operational dead-ends.

So do you think my LDAP skills are not strong enough?

Ciao, Michael.