Re: Olc deployment vs slapd.conf based deployment

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Friday, September 15, 2017 10:01 AM +0200 Michael Ströder
<michael@stroeder.com> wrote:
And the upgrade issue with 'pwdMaxRecordedFailure' (see other
mail thread) serves as good example how easy it is to run
into a operational dead-end with cn=config.

In retrospect, I think the ITS that introduced that change
should not have gone into RE24.  ;)

I strongly disagree. It's a schema shipped by OpenLDAP installation. So this update should have simply worked.

 Unfortunately, one thing that people
seldom test in testing calls is upgrade scenarios from older
versions of OpenLDAP to a current release,

I did test the update with my own installations.
But they simply use slapd.conf.
And it worked. ;-}

Ciao, Michael.