Re: ldapdelete recursive (-r) with syncrepl

Then just slapcat the data first, do your destructive tests, and then restore from slapadd.  Doing repetitive ldap deletes/adds will just causes massive database growth.

OK, but I just want to be clear - I'm still not.    Does that mean that I need to nuke /var/lib/ldap on every master replica prior to restoring the DIT?

Also, another question, if I do that will I have to know the server ID (for "-w -S <SID>") in order to properly reload?   I'm asking because then my testers need to know which master is which - and there is no guaranteed order at the moment with our configuration.

Thanks,
Frank