Re: ldapdelete recursive (-r) with syncrepl

--On Wednesday, April 13, 2016 1:16 PM -0400 Frank Crow <fjcrow2008@gmail.com> wrote:

 Then just slapcat the data first, do your destructive tests, and then
restore from slapadd.  Doing repetitive ldap deletes/adds will just
causes massive database growth.

OK, but I just want to be clear - I'm still not.    Does that mean that
I need to nuke /var/lib/ldap on every master replica prior to restoring
the DIT?

Yes.

Also, another question, if I do that will I have to know the server ID
(for "-w -S <SID>") in order to properly reload?   I'm asking because
then my testers need to know which master is which - and there is no
guaranteed order at the moment with our configuration.

No, you do not need to pass any -S SID option for a slapcat that was taken from a real master. You *only* use that if you're loading an LDIF where you are forcing entryCSN generation, which you would not want to do for your backups. In fact, that will likely cause serious issues if you do set that when loading a DB taken from a real master.

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.
A division of Synacor, Inc