Re: ldapdelete recursive (-r) with syncrepl

I did see that and do know how to do slapadd/slapcat backups.    What I'm not clear on is how that works with N-Way MMR.    Wouldn't I have to go and delete the the /var/lib/ldap on every master replica machine prior to loading the backup with slapadd?    Or is that not necessary?

In any case, I did update my syncrepl to use cn=accesslog and I no longer have any issues with bulk operations being propagated to the other master replicas.

Thanks,
Frank

On Wed, Apr 13, 2016 at 2:15 AM, Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com> wrote:
Please stay on the list so others can answer and learn as well.

Frank Crow wrote:
> OK, if I do a backup with slapcat, I still would want to wipe the existing
> contents of the DIT first, right?

That's why I wrote...

> On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 5:47 PM, Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Frank Crow wrote:
>>> I'm trying to create backup and restore scripts using LDAP command line
>>> tools.
>>
>> For various reasons backup and restore should be done with command-line
>> tools
>> slapcat and slapadd which operate directly on the database files.
>>
>> And yes, with recent backend modules like back-mdb and back-hdb you can do
>> hot
>> backup while slapd is running.
>>
>> Of course, before a restore you have to stop slapd and remove the DB files.
...to remove the database files.

>> After using slapadd you should check whether ownership/permissions are
>> still
>> correct.

Please read the responses carefully.

Ciao, Michael.