Re: what databases are to be replicated for a slave?

--On Tuesday, December 29, 2015 10:39 AM +0400 Jephte Clain <jephte.clain@univ-reunion.fr> wrote:

Le 28/12/2015 19:12, Quanah Gibson-Mount a écrit :

I'm not sure to understand what you are saying.
the "master" and the "slaves" are identical, and the cn=config are the
same on all hosts
so they are truly replicates, right?

No. Replicas do not accept writes. Replicas do not have a master configuration for cn=config. Replica's do not have server IDs.

In fact, the configuration is generated by a script I wrote several years
ago, and all databases for a "master" configuration are generated with a
syncprov overlay and a syncrepl directive, to enable "seed replication":

After the problems I had, I took the time to read the admin guide again
and noticed the accesslog database was not to be replicated, or it seemed
so
I then wondered if the replication I configured on the accesslog database
was the cause for my issues...
hence my question to be sure I understood correctly

Accesslog is unique to a given master.

Here is another question: if an accesslog database is stricly local to a
server, how should two masters in mirror mode be configured?
I have a bi-master setup with an active/passive configuration: the
loadbalancer only send the requests to the first master, unless it stop
responding.
if the first master crashes, and writes are diriged toward the second
master, won't I lose the accesslog informations?

Every master must have a unique server ID. Each master will replicate the writes from another master, and update their accesslog accordingly. You will not lose any writes.

I'm guessing your configurations are generally incorrect.

Platform Architect
Zimbra, Inc.