[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: what databases are to be replicated for a slave?
- To: Jephte Clain <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: what databases are to be replicated for a slave?
- From: Quanah Gibson-Mount <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 23:04:47 -0800
- Content-disposition: inline
- Dkim-filter: OpenDKIM Filter v2.9.3 edge01.zimbra.com 55FC54424D
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=zimbra.com; s=C2AA288C-EE47-11E2-9BB0-E820BDD9BDBF; t=1451372689; bh=BfYPDLj2tInIS7VybhK6qAZ9nd0ktZYJ+1pKYTfoTow=; h=Date:From:To:Message-ID:MIME-Version; b=pIra3w1XIyDuAedhiJpjhnMelpaCN9h4LBcf0FwD7Wqt5fPO0AMtBc4ajcflXZsZF 6agORq97l4r7xje6iA0cAHmQtcVowSEgEI8AZsexDaWYg1Y/p+sMmD8crDH+0WLhZu RwdwVDDsgumkUe6p5M5cI93jew2W9orNhTulplNc=
- In-reply-to: <56822AA5.email@example.com>
- References: <5680DA4A.firstname.lastname@example.org> <8C7723C95356A14A0F8A2994@[192.168.1.9]> <56822AA5.email@example.com>
--On Tuesday, December 29, 2015 10:39 AM +0400 Jephte Clain
Le 28/12/2015 19:12, Quanah Gibson-Mount a écrit :
I'm not sure to understand what you are saying.
the "master" and the "slaves" are identical, and the cn=config are the
same on all hosts
so they are truly replicates, right?
No. Replicas do not accept writes. Replicas do not have a master
configuration for cn=config. Replica's do not have server IDs.
In fact, the configuration is generated by a script I wrote several years
ago, and all databases for a "master" configuration are generated with a
syncprov overlay and a syncrepl directive, to enable "seed replication":
After the problems I had, I took the time to read the admin guide again
and noticed the accesslog database was not to be replicated, or it seemed
I then wondered if the replication I configured on the accesslog database
was the cause for my issues...
hence my question to be sure I understood correctly
Accesslog is unique to a given master.
Here is another question: if an accesslog database is stricly local to a
server, how should two masters in mirror mode be configured?
I have a bi-master setup with an active/passive configuration: the
loadbalancer only send the requests to the first master, unless it stop
if the first master crashes, and writes are diriged toward the second
master, won't I lose the accesslog informations?
Every master must have a unique server ID. Each master will replicate the
writes from another master, and update their accesslog accordingly. You
will not lose any writes.
I'm guessing your configurations are generally incorrect.
Zimbra :: the leader in open source messaging and collaboration