[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: openldap 2.4.43 keeps crashing
- To: Quanah Gibson-Mount <email@example.com>, David Hawes <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: openldap 2.4.43 keeps crashing
- From: Jephte Clain <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 11:05:13 +0400
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=univ-reunion-fr.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=from:message-id:date:user-agent:mime-version:to:cc:subject :references:in-reply-to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=vSKeLEpPRmdxrSM6YuimzsztRadQyfrGW2XHRqrzr1c=; b=2ThaaPcuLR7SRMpfiCbwQDXrZmhDyJd3ARkkQpZFFTiHAH/+jnQAqXrMyqEutKIogG +6v7Iw9lL7+pXuSjhvd2HmEWmMCc1s6yQ+fbN9WewSSvxBkDvNbeO4PoIS4Dj1yZH3+9 3jLZrEGocmXmBdIRS8xkdZCY9OufoCJ8Y7czC9gMWP9DqPVACKwb0EiGcjFqZJ8aq3E6 fGOMXVBbVF5r5pnieEgzGgfRiQP12v2LzEZMyFIK6Fc6sYno60XpeXU+O2ZEZYeXUFMv 7k2kRyVRAtaT5B2BzXO9DXrzxedqCCNHSOZ9Ylcoqhe2cmOvbj1DyeoT00mhRc33aUH8 2L4A==
- In-reply-to: <8EB95A2495AFA6A280E83397@[192.168.1.9]>
- References: <5680D747.email@example.com> <CAAgu-wCLt5Shp4eBUZhACSTtysPx7a1VLWt9UJCK19Krv9xuLQ@mail.gmail.com> <568222BD.firstname.lastname@example.org> <8EB95A2495AFA6A280E83397@[192.168.1.9]>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Icedove/24.0
Le 29/12/2015 10:18, Quanah Gibson-Mount a écrit :
--On Tuesday, December 29, 2015 10:05 AM +0400 Jephte Clain
Le 29/12/2015 00:55, David Hawes a écrit :
On 28 December 2015 at 01:31, Jephte Clain
I upgraded to OpenLDAP 2.4.43 three weeks ago. It runs on debian
it is built from sources with the fix from ITS#8330
Since the upgrade, it keeps crashing regularly (I would say once every
2 to 5 days)
However, there isn't anything in the logs: no message, no error, no
slapd no longer runs, I restart it, and it runs ok until the next
now I don't know how to debug that.
I could downgrade to the previous version (2.4.41) which worked fine,
but as our university is closed until 01/11, this is the perfect
investigate. I still don't know if it's a bug in 2.4.43 or a
misconfiguration for which previous versions was forgiving
What are your advice to track down the cause for the crash?
PS: here is a bit of context:
one master with 2 mdb databases: one accesslog, one for the data
two slaves (I mean complete replication, even cn=config)
the master has crashed only once
the slaves keep crashing regularly
the slaves are complete replicas of the master, and I wonder if it
could be a source of problems: I'll give details in another thread
Do you have accesslog purge configured?
I ran into this on an accesslog purge with 2.4.43:
If you start slapd with '-d 1', you should be able to see if it is the
The fix referenced in that ITS worked for me.
thanks for the response.
no, purge is not configured, but this is a nice suggestion... without
purge, I guess the accesslog database would keep growing forever :-(
Yes, you generally want to configure a purge interval.
Why haven't you reported this to the ITS?
ahah... I'm an idiot
I had configured a purge interval... I don't know how I could miss that
I guess I have to wait for the next purge to be sure.
about the fix that solved the problem for you... the ITS above just says
"fixed in mdb.master"
Do you have the commit #id?
*Jephté CLAIN | Développeur, Intégrateur d'applications*
Service Systèmes d'Information
Direction des Systèmes d'Information <http://dsi.univ-reunion.fr>
Tél: +262 262 93 86 31 <tel:+262262938631> || Gsm: +262 692 29 58 24
www.univ-reunion.fr <http://www.univ-reunion.fr> || Facebook
|| Twitter <http://twitter.com/univ_reunion>