Re: openldap 2.4.40 with cyrus sasl 2.1.26 on ubuntu 12.04lts

Am Sat, 15 Nov 2014 08:57:17 -0500
schrieb Guruprasad Kulkarni <gkulkarni@gridcosystems.com>:

> Hi,
>
> The default installation for
> ​cyrus-sasl​
> is /usr/local/lib/sasl2
>
> I created a symlink from /usr/local/lib/sasl2 to /usr/lib/sasl2
>
> I set LDFLAGS="-L/usr/lib/sasl2"
>
> I then configured openldap:
> ./configure --enable-hdb --enable-ppolicy --enable-syncprov
> --with-cyrus-sasl
>
> During make depend, I get the error:
> plugin.c:33:18: fatal error: ltdl.h: No such file or directory
>
> I searched my filesystem and could not find this header file.
>
> Have I set the right flag? I am new to openldap and linux, so please
> forgive my limited knowledge

You are lacking basic header files, which usually are provided by a
devel package. As this depends on your distribution, you may post this
on a ubuntu mailinglist.
I Am on openSUSE and this distro provides a meta package
openSUSE-devel-basis. You might find something similar on ubuntu.

-Dieter
--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung
https://sys4.de