debugging OpenLDAP client

Hello,

I wrote a client to make RFC 2696 (paged results) requests. My client
gets results fine, yet size and cookie values are always 0, "" - this
should not be the case. I tried with ldapsearch(1) and it does paging
fine. Hence, it makes sense to assume that the server is OK and
opaque/cookie must not be empty. At the same time, format of my ASN
object is fine.
I need to understand where exactly, I messed up.

In order to debug this, I added a logging LDIF and set debug to -1
any. It shows quite a lot of information, but I did not notice size
and cookie values being dumped into syslog(3).

Is there a way to have separate values that go into the packets
printed out? I see that there is an option for BER 0x10 and parse
0x800 as well as others.

Thank you,

Igor Shmukler