Re: openldap 2.4.40 with cyrus sasl 2.1.26 on ubuntu 12.04lts

Am Fri, 14 Nov 2014 18:20:58 -0500
schrieb Guruprasad Kulkarni <gkulkarni@gridcosystems.com>:

> Hi,
>
> I am using ubuntu 12.04lts
>
> I installed cyrus sasl version 2.1.26 using the following steps:
> ./configure --disable-digest --without-saslauthd
> make
> make install
>
> I had to use the option without-saslauthd, otherwise it would fail.
>

> Now I tried to install openldap 2.4.40 with the following options
> ./configure --enable-hdb --enable-ppolicy --enable-syncprov
> --with-cyrus-sasl
>
> During make test, I get the error:
> ../clients/tools/ldapsearch: error while loading shared libraries:
> libsasl2.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
>
> Do I need to use the option --with-saslauthd while installing cyrus
> sasl to be able to use --with-cyrus-sasl option while installing
> openldap?

No, you don't. But what you should do is pointing configure and make
to the  libsasl2 and sasl.h path. An other hint, configure the dynamic
linker to provide the path to libsasl2.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Klünter | Systemberatung