Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 10:35:03 +0200
From: Guillaume Rousse <guillomovitch@gmail.com>
To: openldap-technical@openldap.org
Subject: Re: Error, ldap_start_tls failed (-11)

Le 16/09/2012 08:48, arun.sasi1@wipro.com a ?crit :
> for 636
> Sep 16 10:47:26 ae0043app05 slapd[10982]: slap_client_connect: URI=ldap://gb0135embldap01.emb.slb.com:636 Error, ldap_start_tls failed (-1)
> Sep 16 10:47:26 ae0043app05 slapd[10982]: do_syncrepl: rid=365 rc -1 retrying
Using plain ldap protocol on port 636 is bound to fail: either use ldaps
on this port, or plain ldap on port 389 with start_tls.

> for 389
> Sep 16 10:31:42 ae0043app05 slapd[10282]: slap_client_connect: URI=ldap://gb0135embldap01.emb.slb.com:389 Error, ldap_start_tls failed (-11)
>
> I dont know how to check TLS manually... could you please help me...
ldapsearch -H ldaps://your.server.tld -d 1

BTW, your problem seems to be a generic SSL issue, likely to comes from
your server certificate.
--
BOFH excuse #87:

Password is too complex to decrypt