Quick newbie pointer - unauth ldap* commands as root on ldap master

Hi,

Sorry - this will sound really dumb... For people who aren't very LDAP savvy, what the cleanest way to rig an LDAP server that I have root access to to:

allow unprompted ldap* commands (eg ldapmodify).

GoSA has got confused creating a user and I need to manually force some ldif files with minor changes through...

MIT Kerberos has a kdamin.local command that does not care about authentication because it has direct access to the database files.

Is there something similar for OpenLDAP? This is a files based ldap server, not using SQL.

I have located an ldap.secret file but am having trouble authenticating with its content. I'm fairly confused because LDAP appears to have many many ways to handle authentication...

Many thanks,

Tim

--
Tim Watts