Re: Quick newbie pointer - unauth ldap* commands as root on ldap master

OK - ignore this folks.

I figured it out (and for some reason this message took a week to appear).

-x -y /etc/ldap.secret

args did the trick...

On 15/09/11 18:18, Tim Watts wrote:

Sorry - this will sound really dumb... For people who aren't very LDAP
savvy, what the cleanest way to rig an LDAP server that I have root
access to to:

allow unprompted ldap* commands (eg ldapmodify).

GoSA has got confused creating a user and I need to manually force some
ldif files with minor changes through...

MIT Kerberos has a kdamin.local command that does not care about
authentication because it has direct access to the database files.

Is there something similar for OpenLDAP? This is a files based ldap
server, not using SQL.

I have located an ldap.secret file but am having trouble authenticating
with its content. I'm fairly confused because LDAP appears to have many
many ways to handle authentication...

Many thanks,

Tim Watts
Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/