Re: OpenLDAP configuration

On Mon, July 25, 2011 14:17, Andreas Laesser wrote:
> Hi @all
>
> I've some questions regarding the "new" config interface from LDAP
> cn=config.
> For one month I was trying to set up a MultiMaster configuration with
> GSSAPI-auth (Kerb5) over TLS/SSL for three servers.
> I tried many ways to create a config with the cn=config interface but I
> failed
> every time.
>
> Now my question: Is there a tutorial or howto which describes exactly my
> problem? Or does anybody run a bunch of server in this configuration?

I've asked this question, but for some reason my post didn't make it to
the list. I think you are supposed to create ldif files and use the
slapadd to configure OpenLDAP.
Seemed rather annoying to me, so I resort to editing slapd.conf and then
running:

/etc/init.d/slapd stop
cd /etc/openldap
rm -Rf slapd.d
mkdir slapd.d
slaptest -f slapd.conf -F slapd.d
chown -R ldap:ldap slapd.d
/etc/init.d/slapd start

I know it beats the object of being able to make runtime changes to
cn=config, but with lack of readable documentation, and the fact that I'm
in test mode only, trying to learn OpenLDAP, this is the way I do it.

We'll see if this message makes it to the list...