Re: OpenLDAP configuration

On Thursday 28 July 2011 16:35:25 you wrote:
> /etc/init.d/slapd stop
> cd /etc/openldap
> rm -Rf slapd.d
> mkdir slapd.d
> slaptest -f slapd.conf -F slapd.d
> chown -R ldap:ldap slapd.d
> /etc/init.d/slapd start
>
> I know it beats the object of being able to make runtime changes to
> cn=config, but with lack of readable documentation, and the fact that I'm
> in test mode only, trying to learn OpenLDAP, this is the way I do it.

Great idea, so let's try to manage it like that...
But my critism on the whole thing is, that -it seems- the new config system is
cn=config, and it is so poor documented. There are so less howtos and other
stuff in the web using cn=config.

One of my problems are to get the replication (n-way multi master with sasl
and kerberos auth) working with the new configuration system, but I found
none else having a configuration like mine.

regards Andreas

       / ___________/    Andreas Laesser
      / //_// /____/     Signal Proc.& Speech Communication Lab.
   __/ /___/ / __        Graz University of Technology
 /___//____//__          Inffeldgasse 12 | A-8010 Graz | Austria

http://www.spsc.tugraz.at Tel: +43 (0)316 873 -4443 Fax: DW 104439