Re: cn=config configuration method

On 11-07-26 8:04 AM, Giles Coochey wrote:
I'm trying to get my head round configuring OpenLDAP 2.4 until Centos 6.

So much documentation refers to slapd.conf

Under Centos 6, it appears that cn=config is in use.

So is reconfiguring OpenLDAP simply a case of editing the .ldif files in
/etc/openldap/slapd.d

Or should I be modifying the directory to reconfigure - presumably by some
combination of slapadd etc...

Thanks

Giles

What I found out about Redhat cn=config is every time you ldadadd/ldapmodify to the database, it automatically updates the relevant ldif on filesystem. Editing .ldif files and restart openldap still works but you will get flamed here :)

Thanks,
Daniel