Re: DSEE to OpenLDAP

On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 03:25:03 -0700
Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:
> slapadd is meant for well-formed LDIF input, mainly from slapcat.
> DSEE is known to not support schema checking of any kind, therefore
> any LDIF you obtain from it will most likely be full of garbage and
> not well-formed.

Having just been through this process, I heartily agree. I had to
write scripts to go through the output LDIF from DSEE and remove
(for example) lines that had attribute names but no values, e.g.

And there were a couple of attribute types (like
telephoneNumber and, I believe, 'manager') where I had
to go into the schema files and change the syntax type
to something more forgiving (directoryString, I think),
since DSEE had cheerfully accepted all kinds of arbitrary
values for these attributes.

Michael J. Smith