[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: DSEE to OpenLDAP
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: DSEE to OpenLDAP
- From: Omer Faruk SEN <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 11:48:54 +0200
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=PNA6Kn/94FCRt+llVUdWK010/jEyFU2eT69UGMaht1U=; b=RiaXul1MhRyAlkuIFh2lQpel72Se8PGHLYdZOfH2zTp7bh19vUDWbIsrQOsHuw3O26 /HE4fvPAM2/pnt8+VsBpC5Yd7qYjycpBgv1D4uNt7TW8wyJp/IaVuLv1thm1S0MtiH4j m9kctkdCUzAY2osC5a+7VGCNT0lkvZlPxlXDA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; b=e2zYXmK8RnGn11gL+4nIL68EkRwuqTwzDmn+CO1rRwytN0Nx0QjSl1oqTwu3p4bl92 bjdoHAkVeNQwL3Q9jBX+6bWFJeAJpE7svATK/o0GZw6RHJ7Xpz44BUEeb5xHwuQQjxtv 9p6lThm5/+h2bTR61SZiPRGv1qLK3KtE2psNo=
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I am currently having same problems. What I thought that transition
from sun dsse to redhat Directory Server is more easy since it is both
Netscape ldap based (no need to rewrite your schema files.)
On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 8:29 AM, <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hi, I have currently been given the task of migrating our current LDAP
> environment from Sun DSEE (6.3.1) to OpenLDAP.
> I have done some research on this topic, and suspect its not a trivial
> task, and am hoping for some pointers/advise from anyone that may have
> attempted this in the past...
> I'm not sure that replication between the two is an option (although would
> love it if it was :), so I have looked into exporting the current DSEE
> environment to a LDIF, and attempted to then import it into openldap
> (using slapadd), but ran into a few issues...
> The issue I'm currently stuck on is getting the data in the LDIF into a
> format that can be imported using slapadd. Currently, I have issues with
> automounts, pwdReset attribs etc etc...
> Any help would be appreciated.