Re: Read Waiters growing

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
It could be a bug in back-monitor...

I assume that delete operations are "writes".

If so, you may be right.

I've just tried doing an ldapdelete -r on a subtree with several thousands entries and just before it finished the connection monitor entry was this:

# Connection 34616, Connections, Monitor
dn: cn=Connection 34616,cn=Connections,cn=Monitor
monitorConnectionNumber: 34616
monitorConnectionOpsReceived: 7983
monitorConnectionOpsExecuting: 1
monitorConnectionOpsPending: 0
monitorConnectionOpsCompleted: 7982
monitorConnectionGet: 7983
monitorConnectionRead: 7983
monitorConnectionWrite: 0

I'm sure this is the correct connection.

Every entry delete seems counted as a "read".

Also - it took very long time to delete these entries. Over an hour.

(there's around 10 million entries in the database)

/Peter