Re: Read Waiters growing

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
--On Friday, February 26, 2010 9:46 AM +0100 Peter Mogensen <apm@mutex.dk> wrote:
I have idletime=120 and connections do around 30 reads each before they
are retired, but not many writes. Like this:

# Connection 5389, Connections, Monitor
dn: cn=Connection 5389,cn=Connections,cn=Monitor
monitorConnectionNumber: 5389
monitorConnectionOpsReceived: 32
monitorConnectionOpsExecuting: 0
monitorConnectionOpsPending: 0
monitorConnectionOpsCompleted: 32
monitorConnectionGet: 32
monitorConnectionRead: 32
monitorConnectionWrite: 0

It's slapd 2.4.21, BDB 4.8.26 and back_bdb.

Any hint to what could cause that many read-waiters, but only while
writing is enabled and even though there's not that many writes?

It could be a bug in back-monitor...

I should say that once in a while I _do_ see one or two connections with a few (mostly 1) monitorConnectionWrite.

So it's not that they never get counted.

/Peter